Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Here We Go Again - Mercury Retrograde

Mercury goes retrograde at 22 degrees of Libra tonight until October 15. Since Venus rules Libra, it is influencing this retrograde period. Rose Marcus in The Mountain Astrologer says "Relationship patterns or karma might be repeated; both casual acquaintances and people who are important to us could show up again."

This has already started manifesting for me. A friend I have known since 1970, whom I have not seen for 5 years, just showed up the other day. He was walking around in my backyard with his wife. My sweetie, who now lives on his boat in Mexico, called and said he is coming for a visit in a couple of weeks. Each day I get emails or phone calls from people I have not heard from in years or months. Fortunately, I have worked on my relationship karma very intensely for the past 20 years, so there is no one showing up that I don't want to see. LOL I am so happy to see and hear from these people. It's a gift. It's made me realize I am loved and appreciated by others, not forgotten like I had thought. So...this is one interpretation of Mercury retrograde in Libra. Our thoughts can deceive us when it comes to relationships. Our thoughts, like tricksters who have their own agenda, are not always true. The memory of the heart is stronger than that of the mind.

We often hear negative things about Mercury retrograde periods. In fact, it is now part of the popular culture. Mercury goes retrograde three or four times a year, for 3 weeks or so, which means that about a quarter of the population is born with it. It has its role to play in the development of our soul. Pay attention to who shows up in your life and what you think and feel about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If my ex shows up, Im calling the police lol.