Friday, July 1, 2011

July 1, 2011 Cancer Solar Eclipse

Here we are in the midst of another eclipse. July 1, 2011 a New Moon Solar Eclipse and a Grand Cross involving Pluto in Capricorn, Saturn in Libra, Uranus in Aries and the Sun and Moon in Cancer.

Cancer is the sign of home, family, nurturing, the cultural matrix in which we currently live and the one we were born into. Natural ruler of the fourth house and ruled by the Moon, it is generally associated with the Mother or the primary nurturer in our childhood, which may have been our Father or even another male.

At the 'bottom' of the chart, it is the basis of our consciousness: foundational, innate and often unconscious.
I am feeling paralyzed with exhaustion. It is blazing hot and although I was supposed to be at the Rohnert Park Farmer's Market, the thought of getting in the car and driving one more place became overwhelming, so I decided to nurture myself and stay home.

I have been working with more and more people lately and often self-nurturing is something they neglect. Somehow we feel that we must force ourselves to do things because of someone else, but what about us? Who will take care of us if we don't do it ourselves?

Sometimes we have not learned self-care because of the selfishness of those who raised us. They dragged us around with them on their shopping trips, socializing, etc., when we would have preferred doing something else. If we rebelled, we got punished. We were not allowed to be ourselves or express ourselves, so now as adults, we don't know who we are. We are lost unless someone is 'directing our play'.

Yesterday I decided to go to the de Young Museum in San Francisco to see the Balenciaga exhibit, which ends this weekend. I knew it might prove to be exhausting and it was, primarily because it took 3 hours to drive home. I forgot that for most people, this is a holiday weekend and everyone was headed out of the the Bay Area/SF to destinations north.

It was worth it, however. It was marvelous to see all the gowns, suits, hats etc. that were popular when I was a young woman. Most of those at the exhibit were women - my age and older and it was fun to listen to their stories about the prom dress they had that was like this or that dress in the exhibit. Two unrelated women told me how they used to make their own clothes (as I did) and that their favorite fabric was pique. I, too, loved pique. They don't even make it anymore.

I realize I was honoring my Venus in Cancer which is currently conjunct this Eclipse! My natal Venus went
retrograde by progression when I was around 4 and direct when I was around 47! No wonder my 'love life' was so challenging. In the past year, I have reconnected through Facebook with some of my former partners.

It has truly been a healing experience. An opportunity for me complete karma and move into Present Time.

With Pluto opposing this eclipse moving into a square with Uranus in Aries we are in for even more challenges. Eclipses are portals between dimensions. This portal in Cancer provides us with insights about what we need to nurture ourselves and those around us during this time of intense transformation.


Do we need to sleep more, change what or how much we eat? Drink more water? Spend more time with loved ones? Or do we get our nurturing in nature? Living in the woods as I do... near to a vacation destination, I watch the cars driving in on holiday weekends, realizing "I don't have to go anywhere. I live here!" While this area has its challenges.... possible flooding, long periods of being damp and cold etc. I am blessed to see green out of every window all year round! I know that I need green.

Take this opportunity to find out what you really need. What nurtures you, renews you, enlightens your being.

1 comment:

seanymph said...

Its good to see that your getting out and about now. I know that awhile back you were housebound. I pop in now and then but havent been here much at your site like I used to . Lots going on here with family and such. But like you Im doing more to nurture myself.

Just recently I found theres a local used book store that is supposed to be incredible. Its funny cuz the one I do love that I hoped to get to when I moved here is 2 hrs away. Now I find this gem here in town thats supposed to be even better than that other. I will be going there to wander real soon.

Your on FB too? You can find me there if you want to connect, then we can stay in touch better. :)