Thursday, October 27, 2011

Scorpio New Moon October 26, 2011

As often happens, I don't remember in advance, then something comes up and I don't post the "moons" until they are over. But... what also often happens is that I get an inspiration during the "moon" that relates...so here is the New Moon download...

Went to see the most recent Harry Potter movie: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows II, which I think is the last one. I saw it at the bargain show which features films that are no longer in the main theater around the corner (for way too much money), but still sought after. But the timing was perfect, of course...New Moon in Scorpio! Something ends (after much drama of course) and you are left standing, bloodied, in the rubble ready for a new life. But what shall you do now? Indeed. Have you ever felt like that?

I sat up close, which I normally don't do, but this time I wanted to be totally immersed. When I walked out of the theater, I was dizzy and feeling like I was in an altered state. The sky was dark and light at the same time. It was around 5:15 pm and there was an imminent luminescence to it...kind of like a solar eclipse. I had the feeling that indeed, Lord Voldemort was dead and a new world was possible. I felt hope! A heaviness I had been carrying for a long time was suddenly gone. I felt a new world was/is possible.

My mind immediately edited "wait a minute, that was just a movie!" Or was it? The first Harry Potter book came out June 30, 1997. As they were released, they were a publishing phenomenon. Bookstores scheduled huge events anticipating the next release. People lined up in the street for hours to get them. There were religious leaders who banned them. Schools designed curricula around them. They had a huge effect on the collective psyche.

While in Salt Lake City in 2004, I read a headline story in the newspaper about how a local teacher had been having more success with his students after re-designing his curriculum in terms of Hogwarts. Chemistry is much more interesting when renamed "Potions".

Knitting became the latest rage...and has since diminished.

And how does this relate to Scorpio? The major theme of the series according to J.K. Rowling, "My books are largely about death. They open with the death of Harry's parents. There is Voldemort's obsession with conquering death and his quest for immortality at any price, the goal of anyone with magic. I so understand why Voldemort wants to conquer death. We're all frightened of it."

I would add power. Death and power, two major Scorpionic themes.

Read more about Harry Potter at the wikipedia entry here.

So just like Harry and his friends, here we are, the world is in ruins around us (literally true in much of the world) and this is a new day. What does the world you want to see look like? Do you want to reconstruct what has been destroyed? or create something totally new. It's up to you.

In general, New Moons are times of beginnings. The Fall Season is a time of completion, moving toward the time of going within. So how can we integrate these two energies? With the New Moon in Scorpio, sign of death and rebirth, deep process and transformation, we can begin a process of reviewing the recent past to determine what progress we have made in our personal goals, investigate ways we could improve our 'performance', then develop a strategy for making changes.

We might realize we need more education or training, or that we need to start an exercise program, or change our eating habits. This process could take the next few months, but by Spring, we should be totally on board with it. This might seen as a 'retrograde' time in which we review, re-evaluate, re-frame.... integrating what worked, releasing what doesn't, so that we are ready for 2012.

It is very important that we listen for guidance and with Neptune going direct in two weeks, Spirit is readily available to provide it. The veils are thin and getting thinner. Many societies honor this time of the year with ceremony and ritual. All Soul's Eve, Halloween, Dia de los Muertos are just a few. This is the time when the Shadow dances in the street.

According to Stephanie Austin, "Our shadow holds not only our less desirable qualities, but also anything that has been repressed--our gifts, our truth, our light. When we identify with one side of a polarity, we unconsciously project its opposite outward, imprisoning ourselves in separation and suffering."

Time to work towards wholeness by embracing and accepting all parts of ourselves. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. What this means to me is that our past traumas may become the source of our highest inspiration.

I have been called to write a book. After many years and suggestions by many friends and acquaintances, I have surrendered to doing it. Many topics have run through my mind... my interests and travels, but the one topic that probably has most value is the one I have avoided talking about. Few people who know me, know this part of my life, but.... I think it has therapeutic value, so I am going to do it.

Just today, I had another message from Source that this is the topic. It concerns healing from the trauma of domestic violence. Still a taboo topic, even here in the 'enlightened' west.

With my Sun in Gemini in the 10th house, and my South Node in Scorpio conjunct Chiron in the 3rd house...North Node in Taurus in the 9th, I feel that my ultimate healing from this part of my life, will come with the telling of my story.

Dr. Christiane Northrup says, "All healing comes from the story you tell yourself." But, I also think you have to tell your story to others, both to heal yourself, and to help them heal themselves. Silence resulting from shame or fear of rejection, causes trauma to fester becoming more damaging. It becomes more and more toxic.

Out in the light of day the trauma has less power over us... like bringing the vampires into the sunshine. They shrivel and die, losing their hold over their victims and finally being put to rest. Our hidden secrets of abuse, like vampires which come out at night and disturb our sleep, keeping us hyped up and stressed out, cannot live when brought into the limelight of Truth.

No comments: