This is a very powerful celestial event for a number of reasons.
1) New Moons are seen as times for beginning new things. The days of darkness when the moon is not visible can be times for gestating that which wishes to be born. It is birthed at the New Moon.
2) Eclipses - alignments of Sun and Moon - are portals through which souls enter and leave this dimension. Our alignment with the ultimate portal - the Galactic Center further emphasizes the potential of this alignment. This Eclipse is 25 degrees from the GC, considered to be too far to be a conjunction in astrology, but not that far to have an effect. So.. the portal created by the alignment of our Sun and Moon is connected to the portal (black hole) at the center of the Milky Way Galaxy which was seen, by the ancients Mayans, as the place of death and rebirth adding further power to this New Moon Eclipse. See my 2012 blog for more on this.
3) Venus is only 1 degree from the GC during this New Moon Eclipse. The cultures of ancient Mesoamerica saw Venus as the god of war. They timed their 'star wars' according to the cycle of Venus. This particular transit of Venus will pass right in front of the Sun, a very rare alignment.
4) The sign of Sagittarius represents the Spiritual Seeker, the one who searches for higher meaning and truth. The Archer aims its arrow at the highest potential available to each one of us no matter our current circumstances.
5) In Evolutionary Astrology, a system brought forth by Jeffrey Wolf Green, Sagittarius and the ninth house represent what is called 'natural law' as contrasted with man-made law.
Since many of the man-made institutions are collapsing during this time, this New Moon Eclipse in Sagittarius might be the ideal time to DO something that is in alignment with the life you want.
Alberto Villoldo says:
"The only way to end this dreadful reality is to awaken to the fact that it, too, is a dream, and recognize our ability to write a better story, one that the Universe will work with us to manifest. The nature of the cosmos is such that whatever dream you have about yourself and the world will become reality."
We need to focus on the world we want to live in then dream it into being by keeping the vision before us.
The Occupy Movement seems to be focusing on what is wrong and needs to change. Unfortunately there are few goals. One of the things that bothered me in the 60s when I was actively protesting the Vietnam War
etc, was that few had suggestions about what we would do if we won our battles with the system. What would we replace it with?
I see a similar problem now. We have gotten so dependent on the infrastructure, the system, even the government. What do we actually want to do? Is the goal merely to be allowed to have tent cities in
every town? I doubt it.
Because we have been encouraged to seek solutions outside ourselves, we don't realize we have to look inside first. The shift has to happen inside before you will ever see it on the outside. If we withdrew our
participation - stop spending your money at corporate-owned businesses, we would have more effect than camping out in the street. Every time we buy stuff at big box stores we fund the corporations.
People are frustrated, angry, scared. We are living a life of projection and blame. In some ways it is easier to yell at someone than to change our own behavior. If everyone quit smoking, that would put the tobacco companies (among the richest and most powerful influences in the world today) out of business. But instead, we want to keep our habit and make them pay more taxes. We expect the system to go against itself and do things against their self-interest.
How many of the Occupy people are using cell phones? Are they thinking about all the electro-magnetic pollution they are causing? or how the people who make the phones are living at the lowest economic levels in the world? Are they thinking about the risk to their own health? the possibility of brain cancer? Who will they blame if it happens? They want their cell phone and to end economic exploitation too.
The fact is... I hate to say it...but most of the people yelling the loudest are angry because they want it all. They want to be part of the 1% and are pissed off because they just found out the American Dream is not true anymore. Actually, it never was. It was always a way to get people to buy things. "You too can own a home, drive a new car every year, have it all...." It was a marketing scheme folks. Dreamed up by Madison
Avenue. Speaking of which, why is no one occupying Madison Avenue? That is the real culprit. Madison Avenue invented the American Dream. Much more so than Wall street. The money made on Wall Street was used to buy stuff promoted on Madison Avenue.
I challenge everyone to not buy anything this Christmas from anyone except a local craftsperson. Or better yet, make all your own gifts. Make homemade jam, cookies, or flavored vinegars. Package and decorate yourself. There is plenty of time before Christmas if you start now. Take all that pent-up anger and frustration at the system and use it creatively. That way, you will manifest beauty with your energy rather than destruction. Use the money you saved when you quit buying cigarettes, coffee at Starbuck's, a new cell phone.